Arthur P. Schoulties
Art Schoulties is a political subdivisions attorney and brings diverse experience to his practice. An experienced litigator, he has advised and represented a range of clients in the areas of medical and legal malpractice defense, nursing home and long term care defense, commercial and business disputes, product liability, premises liability, collections/profit recovery, and e-discovery.
Additionally, Art has advised corporate clients with respect to HIPAA, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback and Medicare/Medicaid. He has provided counsel to risk management programs, advised directors, boards and senior executives on corporate governance matters, drafted and negotiated a multitude of varied types of complex contracts and agreements, developed departmental compliance policies and procedures, and advised with respect to internal insurance programs. Additionally, Art has advised corporate clients with respect to construction surety bond underwriting and has helped to facilitate resolutions to large construction contractor defaults.
Pragmatic in his approach, Art assists clients in effectively and efficiently fulfilling all their litigation, compliance and transactional needs.
Advise public entities on spending ARPA funds
The firm currently advises approximately three dozen public entity clients across Ohio. We often take calls from around the country based on our regularly published articles detailing whether and how to spend ARPA funds. Our work includes serving as ARPA counsel to one of the nation’s largest municipal recipients of federal stimulus funds and advising several counties that have collectively received hundreds of millions in ARPA funds.
Presentations & Published Works
- Author, “Who Will Take the HIT? Expanding Liabilities for Health Information Systems Providers,” American Bar Association Products Liability Newsletter, 2010
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2010
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2014
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.), 2010; Dean’s List; Dean’s Scholar
- University of Kentucky (B.B.A in Decision Science and Information Systems, cum laude), 2002