Brock A. Miskimen
Brock Miskimen practices construction, government relations, estate planning and ethics law. In his construction practice, he advises clients on project delivery systems and prepares procurement and bidding documents as well as construction project contracts. He is also a member of Bricker's Southeast Ohio team.
Brock worked in various government offices prior to joining Bricker & Eckler, giving him the experience to assist clients in navigating the various levels of government. Notably, he served as chief legal counsel for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), where he also advised the Oil and Gas Leasing Commission. He coordinated litigation involving ODNR with the Ohio Attorney General's Office including the settlement of a multi-million-dollar litigation matter involving decades of flooding. Brock advised ODNR on the construction and renovation of the Department’s infrastructure including dams, lodges, and cabins. Brock also managed outside counsel contracts and oversaw the in-house legal staff of more than a dozen attorneys and professionals.
Prior to joining ODNR in 2013, Brock held several positions in federal, state and county offices. Specifically, he served on staff or interned at the Ohio Treasurer of State, Delaware County Probate Court, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the Ohio House of Representatives and the United States House of Representatives.
Professional & Community Activities
- Lifetime Member, Miami University Alumni Association
- Member, Clintonville Historical Society
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2010
- Member, Ohio Lobbying Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, “People to Know - Young Lawyers,” Columbus Business First, 2017
- Capital University Law School (J.D.), 2010; Pro Bono Legal Honors for 82 hours of pro bono legal services
- Miami University (M.A. in Political Science), 2005
- Miami University (B.A. cum laude in Political Science), 2003
- Miami University John E. Dolibois European Center, Differdange Luxembourg