Christina Q. Cross
Christina is a corporate lawyer in our Corporate/Tax practice groups. With more than 20 years of experience advising public and private companies and financial institutions across multiple disciplines, Christina represents entrepreneurs to large corporations of diverse industries with business and tax matters. Christina’s practice includes advising corporate board clients with legal issues and how to avoid common corporate governance pitfalls. In her free time, she currently serves as President of the Hardin County Bar Association. Christina has also has experience volunteering as an officer on the many non-profit, community boards.
Christina’s broad corporate practice encompasses everything from entity formation, contract compliance review, financing, labor and employment, risk management, mergers and asset acquisitions, tax considerations to wind-up and succession planning. She serves as outside general counsel to firm clients in support of their day-to-day and strategic, long-term business operations.
Christina’s business litigation defense background serves her well with a keen eye in drafting, negotiating and reviewing business contracts, such as operating, lending, and purchase and sales agreements, regardless of industry or size/manner of transaction. She also pays close attention to issues involving potential risk and taxation.
Christina leverages the time she spent serving as a former business owner and as a school district’s Career Readiness Advisor, serving on economic workforce development networks, in Northwest Ohio to actively foster and maintain business connections/relationships in the region.
Christina’s practice includes advising corporate board clients with legal issues and how to avoid common corporate governance pitfalls. In her free time, she currently serves as President of the Hardin County Bar Association. Christina has also has experience volunteering as an officer on the many non-profit, community boards.
Professional & Community Activities
- President, Hardin County Bar Association, 2023
Adjunct Law Professor, Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, 2013-14.
Certified College Credit Plus (CCP) Instructor – University of Findlay, Ohio Northern University, 2015-2022.
Kenton City Schools Career Readiness Advisor (2018-2022); Kenton High School Social Studies Teacher (2015-2018).
Ohio Department of Education Educator License No. OH3210838:
- 5-Year Professional Principal Licensure (Grades 4-9 & 5-12);
- 5-Year Professional Designated Subject (Grades K-12) – Integrated Social Studies; and
- Career-Based Intervention (CBI) 7th-12th Endorsement.
- Community Board Member Service
- Findlay Service League (Parliamentarian, Secretary), 2018-2022
- Women L.E.A.D., Professional Women’s Leadership Organization of Hardin County Chamber & Business Alliance, (Founder, President) 2015–2019. HCCBA Women’s Leadership Award, 2018
- Kenton Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization (Communications, Secretary), 2014–2016
- Junior League of San Diego, Community Council Director; Nominating Chair; Project Development and Evaluation Chair; Kids in the Kitchen Event Committee Chair, 2006-2014. Leadership Award, 2010; President’s Cup, 2008
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, "2023 Trends in Board Governance," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, June 2023
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2015
- Admitted, District of Columbia, 2004
- Admitted, State of California, 2002
- Admitted, Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- Admitted, United States District Courts for Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central California
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association; Findlay/Hancock Bar Association; and Hardin County Bar Association
- Public Notary, State of Ohio
- University of California, Davis School of Law (J.D., 2002); Public Interest Scholar Certificate; Moot Court Board
- Mount Holyoke College (B.A., International Relations and Spanish, cum laude, 1996)
Chris Jones and Christina Cross to present at Hardin County Chamber and Business Alliance Event
Hardin County Chamber and Business Alliance will host an Economic Development breakfast event on Friday, April 21, at 8:30 a.m. The event will take place at the Kenton Elks, located at 157 East Franklin Street, Kenton, OH.More Apr 13, 2023