Danyel P. Rickman
Danyel Rickman is a construction attorney who partners with clients to review state and federal regulations and to advise on compliance issues and concerns. Managing construction projects of all sizes and within a variety of industries, she frequently prepares documents needed for construction and bidding. She specifically works with public sector owners to prepare and negotiate general contractor, construction manager at risk and design-build agreements.
In addition, Danyel is experienced in researching and drafting client memoranda, preparing clients for depositions, defending clients during deposition proceedings, preparing and answering discovery requests, and requesting and obtaining open records on behalf of those she represents.
After completing law school, Danyel served as a term law clerk to the Honorable Jeffrey P. Hopkins in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Southern District of Ohio. During law school, she represented startup companies regarding employment and business formation matters as a certified legal fellow at The Brandery. She has additional experience with the Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority as a legal intern.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, Northern Kentucky Emergency Shelter, August 2020-November 2021
- Member, Black Lawyers Association of Cincinnati
- Member, Greater Cincinnati Minority Counsel Program
Presentations & Published Works
- Author, "Intentional Racial Equity: The First Step to Doing Better," Cincinnati Bar Association Blog, November 2020
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2015
- Admitted, State of Kentucky, 2018
- Member, Cincinnati Bar Association (Black Lawyers Association of Cincinnati Roundtable; Steering Committee Secretary)
Awards & Recognition
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers (Construction Litigation), 2023
- Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers in America (Administrative/Regulatory Law; Land Use and Zoning Law), 2020-2023
- The University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.), 2015
- Transylvania University (B.A. in Spanish and Anthropology), 2011
Rickman featured in Cincinnati Bar Association’s “Black Lawyers Making An Impact”
The Cincinnati Bar Association is “shining a spotlight on local Black attorneys in the Greater Cincinnati legal community” as part of their celebration of Black History Month 2022, and Danyel Rickman was the first attorney featured in the series.More Feb 10, 2022