With a desire to explore, learn, and stay active, Max enjoys adventuring to parks and experiencing the beauties of nature. Max recently traveled to the Great Smoky Mountains.
Max Ungerman is a public finance attorney who works with public sector entities to help them finance a variety of development projects. He is experienced in both tax increment financing (TIF) and property assessed clean energy (PACE) financing, guiding clients through all proceedings and every stage of these transactions. Additionally, he has also worked with the formation of joint economic development districts (JEDD).
Max has extensive administrative experience, supporting municipalities and other public entities with their legal needs. He drafts ordinances and resolutions on behalf of municipalities and works with municipal officials for document execution. He also creates client engagement letters, drafts inducement letters, and incorporates edits into township law books. Some of his additional skills include compiling school district annual reporting disclosures, utilizing school bonds on OMAC and EMMA, filing entity articles of incorporation, drafting and filing DTE Form 24s, conducting legislation legal research, and utilizing county auditor and recorder data.
As a former public sector fellow with Bricker, Max gained experience within the education, public finance and construction industries and is well-versed in legal transactions in several areas of public law. His specific experience includes working with local school districts in areas such as property tax proceedings, funding applications and competitive bidding contracts.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association, 2018-present
- Member, American Bar Association, 2018-present
- Participant, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Mentorship Program, 2018-present
- Volunteer, State of Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway, 2000-present
- Volunteer, Legal Aid Society of Columbus, 2021
- Daycare Volunteer, Jubilee Soup Kitchen, 2012-2014
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Public Notary, State of Ohio
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2022
Awards & Recognition
- Recipient, Outstanding Young Citizen Award, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, 2010
- Capital University Law School (J.D.), 2022; President, Hispanic Law Students Association; President, Christian Legal Society
- Westminster College (B.A. in Criminal Justice Studies), 2018; Four-Year Letterer, Football Team; Four-Year Letterer, Track and Field Team; President, Fellowship of Christian Athletes; Recipient, McQuiston Award for outstanding service and commitment to Westminster College; Recipient, Sociology and Criminal Justice Senior Capstone Award for best research
When Max is home, Max enjoys spending time with his family and his buddy, Franco. Max and Franco love to play together while also going on runs and hikes. Franco was a rescue puppy at 3 months old in 2017. During the Halloween season Max and his family love to timely show Franco’s “ghost spot,” which can be found on his side.
As a former two-sport collegiate athlete, Max enjoys going to sporting events of all levels of play. Even when Max is not rooting for his home teams in the Pittsburgh area, Max enjoys attending sporting events to experience different venue atmospheres and study the game at hand.
On the weekends, Max enjoys attending Church and traveling to new locations across Ohio. Max recently was able to explore Buckeye Lake for the first time!
Bricker & Eckler LLP adds six Ohio public finance attorneys, plans for growth
Bricker & Eckler LLP welcomed six new public finance attorneys to the firm in 2022. Tyler Bridge, John Flis, Julia Konieczny and Adam Seeley joined as associates, while Mike Ringle and Max Ungerman joined as staff attorneys. All six hires are based out of the firm’s Columbus, Ohio office.More Feb 20, 2023