Bill is a drummer in The Bug Hounds, a rock band covering popular songs from the 60s to the 90s, including hits from The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Phish, Dave Matthews, Paul Simon, Tower of Power, James Brown, Steely Dan and more. On weekends, you can hear his band perform at various establishments throughout central Ohio.
Bill Creedon is an experienced litigator who represents private and public employers in workers’ compensation and employment law related matters such as intentional tort, retaliation, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Act, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act, the Black Lung Benefits Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, employment discrimination, wage and hour, wrongful discharge, and unemployment compensation. As a former prosecutor, Bill is a talented trial attorney, representing his clients through all phases of legal and regulatory compliance, helping them respond to complaints and, when necessary, defending them in administrative hearings and state and federal courts.
Bill is responsible for all aspects of litigation, including performing pre-suit investigations, advising clients on liability and risk, negotiating settlements, conducting jury trials, drafting appellate briefs, and presenting oral arguments. He has appeared in trial courts throughout Ohio, conducted oral arguments in numerous appellate courts and represented clients in the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Bill regularly consults and advises his clients on legal and regulatory compliance issues involving reasonable accommodations, leaves of absence, internal audits and investigations, ethics, conflict of interest, employee misclassification, public records, open meetings, employee handbooks, policies and procedures, drug testing, fitness for duty, and employee discipline, demotion and termination.
Prior to joining Bricker & Eckler, Bill represented employers in private practice and served as an Assistant Franklin County Prosecutor in the Special Victims Unit, prosecuting defendants charged with crimes of violence against women and children. He successfully tried over 50 felony jury trials to verdict. He also served as an Assistant Ohio Attorney General, defending state agencies and public universities as employers in workers’ compensation claims before the Ohio Industrial Commission, common pleas courts, appellate courts and the Supreme Court of Ohio.
Professional & Community Activities
- Chairman, Ohio Public Defender Commission (appointed by former Governor John Kasich), 2016–Present
- Member, Government Affairs Committee, Children’s Hunger Alliance, 2014–Present
- Chairman, Central Ohio Region Advisory Board, Children’s Hunger Alliance, 2020
- Cubmaster and Troop Committee Member, Boy Scouts of America, 2014–Present
- Life Member, National Eagle Scout Association, Boy Scouts of America
- Parishioner, St. Andrew Parish
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, "Employee Leave, Accommodations, and Return to Work Under the BWC ADA FMLA Bermuda Triangle," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, June 2023
- Presenter, Key Discovery and Evidence Issues in Employment Litigation, 2019
- Presenter, Ethical Obligations in Workers’ Compensation, 2019
- Presenter, Ethical Issues in Employment Law, 2018
- Presenter, Professional Ethics for the Employment Law Practitioner, 2017
- Presenter, Workers' Compensation Ethics, 2017
- Presenter, Troubleshooting HR Legal Nightmares, 2015
- Presenter, Wage and Benefit Law From Start to Finish, 2015
- Presenter, Advanced Employment Law, 2013–2014
- Presenter, Suspected Child Abuse: Ohio’s Mandatory Reporting Requirements for Educators from a Prosecutor’s Perspective, 2010
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 1995
- Admitted, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1996
- Admitted, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2003
- Admitted, U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2017
- Sustaining Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Sustaining Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Capital University Law School (J.D.), 1995; Class Treasurer, 1994-1995
- The Ohio State University (B.A. in Political Science), 1992